Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hanging round JFK

Just waiting to jet. Met the other volunteers yesterday, turns out we're all in education projects. Maybe 10 Science Teachers, another 10 Math, and 6-7 who are in the Peace Corps Deaf Program. They all know ASL, but will be learning the Kenyan version in lieu of Swahili, very cool.

Nothing to report besides that, but they all seem like decent folk. Took us about five seconds to get fairly comfortable with the whole group, I think I've got just about everybody's name memorized. Most are kids, my age or a little older. There are also a three middle-aged women who are taking the plunge. I call them "seasoned" in stead of "senior." Meeting them, I realize that age is really a piss poor excuse for not wanting to volunteer. So Mum, get off yer arse!

PS. I know I forget the photos. Shit. And the helmet. Double shit. But I did manage to pick up a touch of the flu from a certain wild animal. And here I thought I would get sick AFTER I got to Africa. But thanks for the head start Alexa!

1 comment:

  1. Finally.... you have learned something we middle aged women have been showing you for years.. we can do anything!! YFA

    ReplyDelete