Monday, November 16, 2009

Saturdays are good EVERYWHERE

November the 14th, 2009

Today was a great day. It started out with chores. First the laundry, I do not recall ever having washed my clothes by hand before, but Sofi showed me the proper technique. Next came the water purification, a tedious process, but I was satisfied with the result. Then I read and relaxed until it was time for sport with the other volunteers. We met at 2 at Boma la Tumaini; but due to stragglers and a few wrong turns we did not make it to the field until 3. I find it ironic, though I have openly expressed by distaste for the watoto (children), it was I who ended up kicking around a soccer ball with a bunch of them while my colleagues organized an exclusive kickball game.

Never mind, I did not remain for long as I had agreed to meet Enoch at 4 to watch the football. I entered the Hotel Act II on time, but he was nowhere to be found. I ordered a Fanta, and sat down to watch the Harambee Stars v. the Super Eagles. A moment later Enoch entered and bade I follow, so I downed my Fanta and hastily departed for Makuti, which, as it turns out, is an awesome bar.

The game contained all the elements that makes football such a great game. And although they lost, and although Kenya isn’t going to the World Cup, I could feel that everyone present was happy that at least their team went down swinging.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that you're regularly posting on this, awesome!! Good luck Dom.

    ReplyDelete